Recoil Reducing

rodwhaincamo

What are some of the better recoil reducers (other than porting/ muzzle brake) that can bring the recoil of a magnum down closer to that of a 270 Win/ 30-06 Spg?
Intending on getting a T/C Encore and would like to chamber in 7mm Rem Mag or 300 Win Mag. Not so sure I would like the recoil out of such a light rifle.

nathaniel

Get a limbsaver recoil reduction pad you can buy them to fit, grind down, or a slip on pad. I have one on my 30-06 and It feels like shooting a .22 I love mine. Just a suggestion. :)

rodwhaincamo

The one that was put on my friend's Sako 270 Win only seemed to take the bite off of my bony shoulder. I figure many fit into that catagory. Suprised that it reduced your recoil so profoundly. But that's what I'm looking for.

troy_mclure

if you get the prohunter it comes with the limbsaver stock, its really nice!

i can feel a difference from my pro hunter to my buddy's wood stocked encore.

mikejonestkd

Troy is correct, a prohunter limbsaver stock really takes the bite out of a rifle's recoil. my father had shoulder surgery and can't take the pounding anymore, so we got the prohunter stock and he can now enjoy most centerfires again.

Mike38

I broke my shooting side collar bone a few years back. Actually shattered it into multiple pieces. Just this past Friday, two days ago, was the first time I have shot anything larger then a .223 since the break. I shot 30 rounds in my 7mm STW. I bought a “Kick Killer” shoulder pad from Cabela’s. Worked fantastic. It felt good to be able to shoot my favorite rifle again. The first couple shots were into the berm, not even aiming at a target, just to see if I could handle the recoil. By the end of the session, I managed to get a 0.75 inch group, with a 20 MPH gusting to 30 MPH quartering right to left wind. With better (less) wind conditions, I’m sure I would have got it back down to the usual 0.50 inch groups. You might want to try a “Kick Killer” it worked for me.

fisherman66

1. weight will reduce felt recoil
2. a premium recoil pad will help
3. a wearable Past recoil pad will help
4. a muzzle brake will destroy yer hearing if you don't take precautions, but it will have a dramatic reduction of recoil.
5. shooting a more moderate cartridge seems like the best idea for reducing recoil.
6. asking yer buddy to help sight in the big boomer reduces yer felt recoil to nil
7. handloading cupcake loads will reduce yer recoil

IDAHO83501

A Limbsaver recoil pad, add weight to the rifle like a bi-pod, shoot a little lighter bullet, like a 165 rather than a 180.:D

rodwhaincamo

Thanks for the replies guys. Not interested in downloaded cartridges as ranges would often be long and where windy conditions are the norm.

Mike1

Limbsaver. If that doesn't knock the kick back enough, try a mercury recoil reducer. Be aware that the limbsavers are very prone to damage from silicone, such as the inexpensive gun sleeves.