Recoil pad for metal folding stock?

raftman

As much as I like my Vz. 58/2008 rifle, the recoil on it is rather nasty, feels worse than even my Mosin M44. Some of that may be because the rifle weighs probably something like 6.5 pounds, but the other part, I suspect is the stock being clearly not designed for shooter comfort. I do want to keep the folding stock, so I don't wanna buy the full, fixed stock, but was wondering if anyone knew of what a good recoil pad for the existing stock would be. I looked at the Czech-point site, but the only recoil pad they offered was for their polymer stock, and they say it doesn't work for any other kind. Any input anyone?

vz.jpg

kraigwy

Super glue:

Ruff up the mating surface of the buttstock w/ 120 grit sand paper, find the flat Recoil pad that suits you. Ruff up the mating surface.

Place the stock butt on the matting surface, scribe a line to fit. Using a belt sander (120 the 320 grit belts) to get it close to the scribbed lines. Then tape the outside of the stock.

Supper Glue the recoil pad to the butt stock, let set for 30 min or so (just to be on the safe side). Finish sanding to the conture of the buttstock using 320 grit on you belt sander.

If care is taking on fitting, It will look like it came with the stock.

I've done a couple with black outline butt pads, when finished the recoil pad looks like its actually part of buttstock. Never had one come off.

raftman

There's a guy on a different forum that applied an "XCR recoil pad" onto his, but I don't wanna join the XCR forum just to ask him where he got it, and how he attached it and so on? Is anyone here able to tell?

http://xcrforum.com/index.php?topic=7596.0

Guess maybe the fixed stock wouldn't be so bad...

Anyone thing a proper Vz. 58 muzzle brake would help too, as opposed to the Ak-style slant?

Last edited: