recoil buffer

snail

Has anyone ever used a recoil buffer in their Glock? My 19's slide is impacting my frame just foreward of the slide frame rails. The Polymer is worn through to the metal of the frame rails, and I can see where it is impacting on my slide. A recoil buffer looks like it would solve the problem, and I was wondering if anyone has ever tried them for a similar problem.

LUPUS

I can not give you comments about the Glocks, but my P2K has this feature directly from the factory and works very well without disturbing the reliability.
I also use an after market buffer on my CZ75 during practice and range use. I have never experienced any reliability issues with buffers, but when the pistol goes out with me, I put the standard recoil spring without the buffer to ensure reliability.
I can definetely say that they prevent the rigorious slide to frame impact. Despite protecting the major parts, they also protect the small parts such as adjustable sights, free floating pins, screws, springs from small resonance forces distrubuted during slide to frame impact.
Most people do not believe them since most of the manufacturers do not put them regularly on their pistols. But, in my personel experience they are usefull parts with positive effects on the service life of the pistol.
Best.

StrawDog

check the spring

I'm not a gunsmith but I'd check the spring... If it is week it will cause slamming. I'm more familiar with 1911s where these recoil buff things are sold but usually not needed. The spring however needs to be replaced every couple of cases or so.

snail

Quote:
Polymer is worn through to the metal of the frame rails

I don't know what this means. The frame rails don't have a polymer covering, they're bare metal already...
Yesterday 03:29 PM

What I mean is the frame foreward of the front frame rails used to be solid polymer, but now has two small spots that are showing metal. I really wish I could post a picture of this, but I don't have a digital camera.:( Glock service department didn't seem to concerned about it, they said that some pistols are leaving the factory this way. I know my gun didn't leave the factory this way, it has recently become this way.