Recoil buffer for glock

IanS

Glocks tend to run best when left stock.

If the cartridge is too much for you go down a "caliber"

JohnKSa

Administrator
If the cartridge is too much for you go down a "caliber"
Recoil buffers may reduce felt recoil a bit, but usually they are more about improving durability than shootability.

Some makers (like CZ and Beretta) actually include recoil buffers in some of their designs. Many would say that if the manufacturer didn't put one there then it's not needed. I've never seen one that could actually cause harm to the firearm but they can, in certain circumstances cause function problems, particularly when/if they start to break down.

I don't see any problem with using them at the range (and I do in some of my pistols) but would never use them or recommend them for use in a pistol while it is actually "on duty" doing home- or self-defense unless that's how the pistol came from the factory.

Alleykat

Glocks aren't as susceptible to frame-battering as are lesser designs, such as 1911s. ;) Leave the buffer off. Go with the correct (not necessarily stock) recoil spring weight for the loads that you're shooting. Check out Wolff Springs' guidelines for determining recoil spring strength.

Dave T

The polymer (OK, plastic) frame acts like a recoil buffer itself. The thing flexes for each shot. You don't need an additional buffer and it may (will) interfere with reliable function.

Dave