Recoat of an Epoxy Finish

Semper Paratus

Just acquired a NIB BHP with the ugly digital Camo epoxy finish. Is there a product or process that, without stripping all of the old finish can be applied over the existing epoxy? I know I should have bought a beautiful blued BHP if I don't like the digital Cammy but at $520 OTD I'm willing to look for workarounds.

GURU1911

Refinishing options to consider

I offer the following suggestions:

1. Ship your pistol to either "robar" or "coal creek armory" to consider having these folks strip & replate your pistol to something more pleasing to your eye, that will also provide outstanding protection, as well as the performance of your new hi-power. Checkout their websites for additional info regarding the finishes they both offer.

Guru1911

Eghad

Rich Lucibella just posted a thread with his old/ new BHP with a Robar NP3 coating. It was down right gorgeous.

Send it to the pros and get it done right.

GURU1911

Eghad: Totally agree with you !!!!!!

The robar "np3" finish on everything really rocks !!!! Have used robar many times over the past 20 years with great satisfaction. They are my "go-to-guys" for firearms refinishing, like novak's is for sight installations.

Yes, the np3 is expensive, but i have never heard anyone say "i don't like it" after they have seen it & experienced the performance of the coating.

Guru1911