"reclassified ammo"

Stopdropnroll

I just got back from a large gun show where there were several bulk ammo dealers showing...

One booth had 50 pack boxes of Speer Gold Dot 357sig 125 gr. gdhp ammo for 12.50.

I decided this was a pretty good price and picked up 6 boxes (300 rounds)

when I got home I noticed that one of the boxes had an extra sticker on the end of the box where they attached the caliber and grain sticker that said "reclassified". Upon more careful inspection all the other boxes showed evidence of removal of a sticker the same size....ie. they had peeled these off all the other boxes forgetting one.

any ideas what re-classified means....and its effect on the reliability of the ammo?

thanks for what help you may provide, SDnR

3 gun

I picked some of this reclassified GoldDot in 40 not to long ago. The story was Speer has changed the design of the bullet slightly and the "reclassified" is the old style. Never heard anything bad about the old style,so it would seem to be just update to the line. The new bullet has 6 instead of 8 triangles in the jacket forming the hollowpoint. Should not effect the reliability in any way.

------------------
Be careful around a man with one gun,he'll know how to use it.

PumpBlast

Hey StopDropandRoll,
I bought some .38+P Gold Dots about 6 years ago. When I bought 125gr GD HP slugs recently to reload I noticed there was a difference. The older style has a HUGE HP cavity. The newer is about as wide, but much more shallow. The new style looks as though it would perform better in a sense that they shouldn't clog up and refuse to expand like the older model. Hope I helped.

------------------
Gun control is People Control