receiver wrenchs for M-1/M-14 & M-1 Carbine

They claim to be military, so they should be OK. If the images are accurate, they are the same design as this one at Midway. Note in the reviews of that Baker wrench that you have to make your own handle for it or use a really big-jawed wrench over top of it. I see the M1 Carbine wrench has a handle shown, and perhaps the others have one as well. I would cal Numrich to ask. Or maybe the handle with the Carbine wrench will fit the other two. I suspect the military armorers probably have a single wrench handle that fits most if not all of them, but I don't know that for a fact.

Thanks UncleNick. Looks like the Midway one is the same critter and cheaper too. I can make a handle on a lathe and it will be a fun project (had to make two action wrenches in machine shop).

James K

Member In Memoriam
Of course you need special barrel vise inserts for those rifles. The plain round type used for sporting rifle barrels won't work right and could damage the barrel. (Don't try to use the gas cylinder of the carbine to hold the barrel against torque!)

Jim

T. O'Heir

"...special barrel vise inserts..." Made 'em on a lathe out of regular mild steel long ago. There's a slight taper you need to account for too.
The Barrel and Receiver Group chapter of TM-9-1275 has a picture of the great big barrel wrench. Fig 26.
http://www.biggerhammer.net/manuals/
Carbine's receiver is too small and is shaped entirely differently to use M1/M14 tools.

James K

Member In Memoriam
FWIW, when removing/replacing a barrel, gunsmiths generally put the barrel in a vise and a wrench on the receiver. Factories generally do the reverse.

Jim