Reassembling my Stoeger .22 luger - Help!

Dave3006

I disassembled my Stoeger .22 luger for routine cleaning for the first time. This is an old gun manufactured back in the 70's. However, when I put it back together, the trigger does not work. There appears to be a transfer bar that attaches to the trigger and goes back to the sear. But, for the life of me, I do not seem to know how to assemble this part correctly.

Any help. This is frustrating.

Thanks,
Dave

Redlg155

I also had one of these pistols and they can be a bear to get together correctly. Be especially careful of the sear. It is a very brittle part. I don't have it anymore to look at it for you so my best advice is to check the following web addy. This is to Gun Parts Corp.
http://www.e-gunparts.com/product.asp?chrProductSKU=PDF0490

It cost $1.50 but they Email you a schematic plus a parts list in adobe format. This can be helpful in reassembling your pistol.

If someone here has a copy of the Gun Parts Corp catalog perhaps they could scan you a copy of that page. Its been years since I've had one, but they are chock full of schematics for many weapons.

Good Luck with your reassembly!

RED

Jeff OTMG

Them little boogers are a bear to get back together. I broke a couple of the fragile parts, maybe it was the sear, during reassembly until I learned the trick. Worse that putting a Ruger MkII back together. I don't remember the trick, but I think that gravity and holding your tongue just right had something to do with it.