Reassembling a Ruger Mark II

TexasSeaRay

I'm sure this has been cussed to death, but my search-engine skills IQ are about equal to my age.

I've taken down my Ruger Mark II on previous occasions. No problem. Putting it back together, the wife and dogs leave town for the day--so bad does my swearing get.

There has to be an easier "technique" to getting that plunger in the right slot of the mainspring housing . . .

Anyone have a better technique than what is outlined in the Ruger owner's manual?

Jeff

Hawg

Hold the muzzle down and pull the trigger. When you hear the hammer fall release trigger and push the pin in until it comes through the top. Hold muzzle up and pull trigger and close latch.

TexasSeaRay

Muchas Gracias, Hawg

Hawg,

Thanks for the tip--that damn gun NEVER went back together as easy as it just did.

Much appreciated.

Jeff

homefires

Ha!:D

I thought I was the only one!

I found while trying to get the lock bar back in place, You have to Hold unit up side down, tilted to the left, barrel pointing slightly down, Shake the trigger group back in place, and use your tongue to push the lock bar back in place!

What a hoot!

James K

Member In Memoriam
A lot of folks who cuss the Ruger praise the Buckmark for easy takedown. But I have know a couple of guys who lost the screws on the Buckmark; at least it is not easy to lose the Ruger mainspring housing.

Jim