REAL Civie G-36 (AKA H&K-293) coming soon?

Patriot86

Cross posted from another gun forum...

https://www.bundesanzeiger.de/ebanz...073&fts_search_list.selected=93988812a1784128

open it in chrome and it will prompt you to translate to English; sorry that its in German but this is all I have found so far.

Basically it looks like a German legal application thingie for a Civie version of the G-36(NOT THE SLR-8!) to be exported to the USA.

contentloader

No SOLID evidence whatsoever that this rifle will be coming to the US
But the title block at the top of the document is as follows:

Notice of a notice of assessment pursuant to § 2 paragraph 5, in conjunction with § 48 paragraph 3 of the Firearms Act (Weapons Act) to possess a firearm legal assessment of the semi-automatic self-loading rifle model "HK243" (for the U.S. market, "HK293")

Which seems to imply they have some sort of designs to bring it here.

Being that it has a flash hider and folding stock, plus a non single stack mag (looks like a standard 10 round AR-10 mag) won't it have some import issues? My guess would be H&K Kit Guns built/assembled here in the states?

Details of the rifle:

Automatic Rifle Model "HK243" (for the U.S. market, "HK293")
Caliber: .223 Rem.;
Scarf: displaceable folding buttstock;
Total length of the weapon: Buttstock folded 69.5 cm;
Folded buttstock and inserted 86.4 cm;
Folded buttstock and extended 90.5 cm;
Running time: 42 cm;
Bore diameter: 15 mm at the mouth;
Run Type: Steel (new production);
Train, field profile: 4 trains and fields, right-hand twist;
Length of the barrel and slide
in the closed position:
52 cm;
Closure construction: Gas operated with rotary bolt head;
Magazine: Interchangeable magazine for 10 cartridges;
CIP proof marks: Standard proof;
Manufacturer: Company HK Sidearms GmbH, Heckler & Koch-Straße 1, 78272 Oberndorf / Neckar.

Comments?
Thoughts?
H&K Please take my money?

tahunua001

I like all the shapes but everything just looks cobbled together. the stock looks way too short so hopefully that telescopes out.

I don't know, H&K are kindof an extravagance as far as I'm concerned. there are many guns out there that are just as high of quality without the HK pricetag attached.

Patriot86

The stock is described as "displaceable folding buttstock;"

Not sure what the heck that means at all.

If the rifle was sub $2000(which I can almost guarantee I wont be) I would say its worth it, but for 2K+ the market is saturated

SCAR
Tavor
Various Pistol AR's
ACR
XCR

the list goes on.

If it were around $1500.00 by some act from above though I would have to pick one up. Honestly I am less interested in a G-36K/E style rifle than I would be in a G-36C style rifle; its going to be a bear getting this thing zeroed in.

Willie Lowman

HK will have to do some kind of trick to import that as it is.

the FN SCAR has a bolt in the mag well so it is imported as a single shot.

Not sure what they are doing to get the MR556 in. I think the un-lined barrel is part of it. (don't say that on HKpro, they will scream about the barrel is un-lined for accuracy, never mind that the HK 416 has a chrome lined barrel)

---------------------------

How high is the offset from bore to that EOtech? Five inches?