Ready for the range.

GlenF

That's a lot of work. Or, was that 1 hour on a Dillon 1050?

What press, bullets, powder, primers. Inquiring minds want to know.

CrustyFN

Which range? Near Beckley?

No I belong to a club in Marietta Ohio. I'm near Williamstown.

That's a lot of work. Or, was that 1 hour on a Dillon 1050?

What press, bullets, powder, primers. Inquiring minds want to know.

Not lucky enough to have a 1050 but it wasn't bad. I sized around 650 cases. I sorted them into three groups, primer crimp, need to be sized and ready to load. I had around 20 with primer crimps, 30 that need to be trimmed and 600 ready to load. I size on my Lee classic turret and load on my Dillon 550.
I'm loading with bulk Hornady 55 grain FMJBT, 24 .7 grains of WC-844, Magtech SRP and mixed brass.

I'm shooting a stock Rock River AR with 16" barrel and 1:9 twist. the targets were at 120 yards. I shot a few three shot groups like this.

ry%3D400

Five shot group.

ry%3D400

And a twenty shot group.

ry%3D400

I shot these groups from a rest with just enough time to re-aim and pull the trigger.

serf 'rett

Let's do the math!

3 shot groups @ 5 groups - 15 rounds
5 shot group - 5 rounds
20 shot group - 20 rounds
Total rounds expended per trip = 40

600 rounds loaded/40 rounds per trip = 15 range trips

In just 14 more trips, you'll have enough brass to load another 600 rounds (less the brass consumed by the grass goblins, plus a few range pickups)

Preceding math is invalid if you happen to like the smell of gunpowder in the morning. :D

CrustyFN

Let's do the math!

3 shot groups @ 5 groups - 15 rounds
5 shot group - 5 rounds
20 shot group - 20 rounds
Total rounds expended per trip = 40

600 rounds loaded/40 rounds per trip = 15 range trips

In just 14 more trips, you'll have enough brass to load another 600 rounds (less the brass consumed by the grass goblins, plus a few range pickups)

Preceding math is invalid if you happen to like the smell of gunpowder in the morning.

Wow putting it like that makes me feel like I need to get out more often. :D