Ready for my first elk hunt

Fuzzy

I leave tomorrow morning for my first elk hunt and I am excited! I have a 'limited oppertunity' (one weekend depredation hunt) tag in 5B North - Twin Arrows, any elk. My '06 is sighted in and the truck is packed to leave first thing in the morning. My hunt starts Friday and ends Monday and there will only be a total of 15 hunters in the area.

The reports up there have been mixed. The bowhunters have been in the surrounding areas and people have been out scouting. The rut is getting started late this year; they just started bugeling last weekend. Water availability is the big factor. The buddy that I'm hunting with has hunted the area successfully before and knows where the water is. If the water is there then the elk will also be there. Let's hope I don't come home empty handed.

The weather should be sunny and in the 70s so it'll be a nice weekend to be out.

Wish me luck!

DadOfThree

Good Luck and keep us posted on the results. Remember, a successful hunt is not decided by the size (if any) of the game shot but by the experiences and joys of the hunt that you get to take home. By the way, I'm green with envy :D