Re: Kimber serial #

Goatwhiskers

Re: Kimber serial #

Would the # be a 6 digit # preceded by the letter K on the end of the original case? Reason for the crazy question is when I went in hospital back on Dec 2 for back surgery the gun was in my truck, it's not now. The serial # never made it to my master list--mea culpa! Feel so stupid! Gotta turn this in, probably never see it again. GW

jmr40

If you can track down the SN you may get it back. Without it chances are slim. If you purchased through a FFL they should be able to find the SN.

I had a similar situation, but had the SN. The cop who took my report told me well over 50% did not. My gun was recovered when some meth heads in a neighboring county were arrested exactly 1 month later. That was 3.5 years ago and I still don't have the gun back. They said sometime after the case goes to trial. At least I know where it is and that I will eventually get it back.

Goatwhiskers

I asked 'cause it is my understanding, tho not certain, that the weapon's serial appears on the end of the original carry case. Any of you got a Kimber w/ the original case that would look? GW

Rinspeed

...and that is why the idea of a "truck gun" is so irresponsible.

Just my opinion but I've always thought leaving a gun in your vehicle, in a lot of circumstances, is very irresponsible. I'm not talking about running into a store for an hour or so but I just don't believe it's a good practice.