RCBS Green Machine Modified for 44-40

Savvy_Jack

Well it has been a very interesting few days. I finally got a Green Machine after looking for a very long time. Not much information out there about them other than STAY AWAY FROM THEM so I took it as another "You Can't Do That" challenge...especially with the 44-40.

I saw bits and pieces that these came in 44 Magnum but I don't think that is true. Thus all parts are for the 38/357 in general BUT other smaller cases will run with the appropriate dies.

Although I have have less $$ in it than the cost of a single stage press, it was a 40 hour labor of love and lots of vulger words but I gotter' done!

All that is left to finish the project is to get my primer tubes and machine out the 38/357 bullet seating guide to dump .428 bullets.

For all eight videos, try here:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5bplooWWnaRaRXBja-37lz3Xt149HoeB

I also got another mold from Tom I submitted a week or so ago. The 44-40 43-214A...hope to try them out soon.

GWS

Might be a fun out of the ordinary odyssey to watch and read! I've never even seen one in use. Thankyou! Eight vids...wow! :)

My current odyssey is with the Pro Chucker 7.....but I'm geting older and slowing down....so I'm taking my time. I like it a lot though, so far.....once I got past the fact that they make it out of Aluminuminum ;), and went back to loading ugh, primer tubes.

Just watched all 7! Good vids......enjoyed the ride! Appears you are plenty capable.

Last edited: