RCBS Dies Difference?

Art Eatman

Staff in Memoriam
I need a set of dies for a .22-250. Went over to MidwayUSA.

They show a set of RCBS "Reloader Special" dies at $17, and what's apparently a standard RCBS set at $6 off, or $21.

What's the difference between them? Anybody know?

Art

Cris

A few years ago, I purchased a set of .243 in the special die set and, at that time, they did not come packaged in a plastic box but rather in a throw-away package that looks to be a better package for selling than storing. Also, the best I remember, parts are not interchangable, but I could be wrong on this one. I sold the dies to someone who was frugal and said they could find a box to store them in. :cool:

Art, I don't know the difference. If you are interested in them, I have a set I will sell you for $10 plus shipping. As far as I know, they are brand new and never used.

Reloader Special Dies
Our Reloader Special dies feature the essentials needed for loading ammunition that exceeds factory specifications. They're made with one-piece reamers and hardened for a lifetime of use. The result: superior accuracy and performance guaranteed for life. Even better -- they are affordably priced.

Non-slip, separate collet holds expander decapping unit in place, perfectly centered
Wrench flats / body knurling for easy adjustment
Steel hex lock rings with setscrews

KP95DAO

It may just be the ones I have;but, the seating dies from the "special" dies are larger in their internal dimensions. I use them in making bullets so it's no big deal for me.