RCBS 5-10 Scale Part?

frjeff

Have this scale. It is missing the little nylon screw that is used to hold the micrometer poise in place. Can it be used without the screw?

RCBS no longer has parts for this old model. Can anyone share the screw specs that I might find one somewhere?
thanks ……..

44 AMP

Staff
If you're talking about the lock screw for the drum, any screw of the same diameter and thread pitch will do that job.

HOWEVER, a different screw MIGHT throw off the weight of the balance beam, and you should use a set of check weights to see if the calibration is changed by a replacement lock screw.

If it is, this is not an insurmountable problem, you just simply have to figure out the difference in the scale setting vs its indicator scale to get the weight desired.

I would recommend that once you know the amount of "offset" needed (if any) you make a note of that, and tape/glue a label to the scale base informing the world how much the scale reads "off", so you see it, every time you (or anyone else) uses the scale.

1stmar

My experience with RCBS is very positive. I called them for a missing part on a 20 year old rcbs jr and they sent it free of charge.