RAS47 Muzzle Break Retaining Pin Stuck?

IronBalls

There seams to be copper solder of some sort keeping the retaining dowel in.

Is this factory (the copper solder)?

Can I just punch it out & polish the pin that retains the muzzle device so it moves freely & like it is supposed to.

Any advice you can give me will help.

(I bought it used)

IronBalls

Let me clarify. My first post was not clear.

I have a 16" threaded CAI RAS47.
The Muzzle Brake Retaing Pin (MBDP) is stuck. (Pictured, with slant brake unscrewed a little to show the condition.)

I tried PB Blaster, lightly tapping the sides MBRP, & a polymer hammer to loosen it up/get it free. That did not work.

The next option is to punch out The 1 pin that crosses/retains the MBRP. In the front sight block. I'm not going to remove the sight block, just 1 of the 2 pins.

Before I attemp this, & I have done it before, I wanted to know more about the copper substance on the pin (also pictured).

Last edited:

DnPRK

That's not copper. It is rust from the bluing salts which were not properly neutralized.
I would spray it with WD40 and work the plunger in and out until it stops bleeding rusty WD40.

IronBalls

Century said:

"Blaise Uriarte (Century Arms)
Oct 3, 17:55 ADT

Hello Jay,

Those are not welded. I believe that build up is residue from the Nitride Bath. What you described would be the way to remedy that issue. A lot of times with the detent it can be fixed by soaking the detent in penetrating oil and "wiggling it".

Thank you."