Ransom Rest insert interchangability?

WhistlerSWE

Do any of you guys know if the Ransom Rest inserts for S&W K/L-frame will also hold a revolver based on the N-frame?

I heard that the Pardini GT9 will work on the standard 1911 rests, which is what woke my thoughts.

drail

I am going to say no. K/L frame grips are a different size than N frame grips. And then you also have the round butt/square butt difference. If the Ransom Rest insert doesn't fit the gun exactly it will shift in the rest and so will your groups.

WhistlerSWE

But K/L-frame grips sit steady on a N-frame, and vice verca, its just that the larger parts stick out. I've never seen a rest insert, but we're buying for my club, so I want to be in on the fun. :)

kle

http://www.midwayusa.com/viewproduct/?productnumber=883283 -- going from the picture here:

883283.jpg

the insert for the N-frame will not fit the K/L-frame (insert will be too large), and the insert for the K/L-frame will not fit the N-frame (insert will be too small).

I wonder if you could adapt the N-frame insert to fit the K-frame with shims or something that will fill in the extra material up by the double-action "horn", but it would have to be a perfect fit to prevent slipping.