Ranges/Shops in San Antonio

Striker1

Was hoping some of the folks here could point me to the best ranges/gun shops in San Antonio. I will be moving there mid summer.

Hope this sin't the wrong forum

Thanks

maqueswell

Hello Striker 1

Which part of San Antonio will you be moving too? I live on the nortwest side inbetween Fiesta Texas and Sea World. I go to "The BulletHole" range.
http://www.bullethole.com/ There's a decent gun store called Texas Guns on Bandera Road. If you have any questions feel free to email me.
Mad Max

Striker1

thanks for the info...

I lived there from 1992 -1998 but haven't been back since then.

Looks like they've improved the bullett hole quite a bit! The last range I ewnt to was Bracken Range.

Never made it out Texas guns.

Don't know eher I will live yet, but will be stationed at Lackland AFB.

maqueswell

Heck.....Stationed at Lackland, ir just a few minutes from the Bullet hole (thats if your living on base or in housing). I was just there yesterday evening. Folks are same, nice as ever. Welcome back to SA.

maqueswell

yeah..off Marbach....i haven't been there in over 10 years...they were kind of expensive..now i go to Academy, and Sportman warehouse...they're much cheaper, and Sportsman does special orders...thats how i got my Mossberg 590 Special purpose

maqueswell

yeah..off Marbach....i haven't been there in over 10 years...they were kind of expensive..now i go to Academy, and Sportman warehouse...they're much cheaper, and Sportsman does special orders...thats how i got my Mossberg 590 Special purpose

LMTM4

I used to live there. My favorite outdoor range was Bracken. It's on the northeast side of 1604, just exit Rolling Oaks and make a right on Nacogdoches. It's just past bracken drive on the North side.

As for gun shops, grew up in Converse (just outside of Randolph AFB) and frequented O'Reily's off of Pat Booker and McKee's gunshop/gunsmithing on I believe windsor road. He's an excellent gunsmith and a Vietnam vet (USA Ranger).