Ranges near Natchez, MS???

Dead

Ok I am going to be heading down around Natchez, MS (ones near by in LA are good also) for a bit over the summer. I was wondering if there were any ranges around the area, as I would like to get some range time in while I am down there.

If there is a yearly fee, please let me know how much it is. Public & Private ranges are ok.

Thank you!

madog

There is a private range in Natchez. It's a local SASS cowboy action shooting club, they welcome new sass shooters the first Saturday of the month, but they sell non Sass memberships to only a select few.
The Concordia Parish Sheriff's department has a pulic range on Hwy 15 outside of Vidalia, which is just across the river from Natchez.
There is also a indoor range being built in Vidalia, but I don't know the completion date.

Dead

Madog!!!

Thank you! Those are the towns I WILL be staying in! I only remembered them being byt Natchez, MS!

By the way my dad is VERY intersted in Cowboy shooting (I am thinking about getting his s Single Action / Level Gun) hopefully he could join up! Oh and umm he will be moving there rather soon :)

madog

The local SASS club is called the Natchez Six Gunners, and thier contact man is Winchester at 601-445-5223.
They have the SASS matches on the first Saturday of every month.
I believe that the range fees are lower if you are a member of SASS.