Ranger Point Precision Rossi 92 trigger.

Scribe

Does anyone have any experience of the Ranger Point Precision Rossi 92 trigger?
I bought one and quite frankly wish I had done more research. Once fitted it has proved to be highly unsatisfactory. The hammer repeatedly falls to half cock when the action is cycled and has to be cocked manually. Squeezing the trigger more often than not results in a light strike and no primer ignition.
I emailed the company and their attitude can be politely described as indifferent. They had not heard of this problem before and concluded the trigger simply did not fit my individual rifle. They also said they have no refund policy for an international order, (I live in the UK.)
Anyone had a similar experience?

44caliberkid

There probably isn’t a gunsmith in the UK that can work on them, but many of us here in the US have had action jobs done with the stock parts that work out fairly well.

stagpanther

Google Steve's Gunz and look into his kits. Pretty easy to do and reduces the pull nicely. That's how good rossi's are--this guy's made a living out of making them work.:D

pricedo

Chiappa Alaskan 92 takedown

... I've owned Rossi 92s and sold them all ... I had much better performance with Chiappa 92s ... they're good to go right out of the box and very slick and smooth without tune-ups or adding expensive custom parts ... my current is an Chiappa Alaskan 92 takedown in 44 mag with a 16" bbl ... very satisfied with it ... the Rossis are a crap shoot and I hated that stupid pigtail safety on top of the bolt

FrankenMauser

I emailed the company and their attitude can be politely described as indifferent.
Sounds like RPP.
They're too obsessed with expanding the product line and increasing profit to address design/production issues with existing products or take care of customers that receive bad parts.

Scribe

Many thanks for all the replies.
Regarding your experience, Pricedo, I’m glad the Chiappas work for you. Mine with a Chiappa .44, 20 inch barrel was quite the reverse. I have found the Rossi far better, though I do want to hone the trigger a little.