Range results for Lazer Cast 200 grn LSWC

m&p45acp10+1

I think I found the right combonation for my M&P 45. I got some real nice groups today at the range. My first attempt at reloadin a couple of weeks ago netted way low impact to point of aim. I was seating way too shallow. COL was way too long. Next trip I seated a bit deeper, and increased powder to start load recomended. (was a bit under start for the first time) they were higher this time, but still too low. So I again seated them deeper. Same thing a bit higher, but still too low. I started with a COL of 1.250:eek: no wonder they were going so low. They fed flawlessly and cycled the slide no problems. Next attempt was 1.24, next was 1.22, higher but still low. Finaly I went with the load recomndation from my Lyman book. of 1.161 and they were a pain in the butt to load in the magazine. So I backed off to 1.17 and they loaded an fed a whole lot better. I took them to the range today and the results are in.
Load 1 CCI primer 5.2 grains Bull's Eye seated at 1.170 Feeding was flawless, recoil in the managable level, group of 10 shots at 25 feet all in the 10 ring.
Load 2 CCI primer 4.7 grains Tite Group seated at 1.170 no hangups recoil very mild 10 shots only 2 out of the 10 ring 1 in the 9 ring one in the 8 ring. ( was dancing on 1 foot by this time. The half gallon of coffe I drank caught up with me. I was having a Forest Gump moment:p)
Load 3 same primer and COL as the two listed above 7.0 grains of Hi Skor 800x This load was very pleasurable One ragged hole in the 10 ring. This load seemed to be the cleanest burning also.
I had a lot more loaded of the Hi Skor that I dropping steels quickly, and effortlessly.
All in all a great day at the range and now I have some good working loads to go off of, and lot of range pick up brass to sort out.
I am now wearing a big :D

m&p45acp10+1

Shot some more today. I loaded up some Hornady DPX 230 grain JHP over 5.0 grains of Tite group seated at 1.23 with CCI 300 LPP. Grouping was good at 10 yards. (Farthes I was able to get for distance, other people were shooting from 25 feet, so I had to shoot while they were reloading.) This reloading is getting addictive. Looks like I will have to load up a few hundred more rounds. tomorrow after work.
What is that somone said about it being cheaper? Seems like instead of being cheaper I spend the same amount of money, I just get to burn through more ammo:p. In the end I am very happy.

NWPilgrim

Nice going! Pretty fun being able to go home and work up another load however you want. Try another powder, another charge weight, a different bullet, whatever.

Thanks for the report on the Hi-Skor 800x. I had not heard of that being used in .45ACP before. One more to keep in mind when I can't find Unique or W231 on the shelf.