Range Report - Savage 10P-SR .308

Been working on load development. I'll admit, i'm still pretty green when it comes to reloading, but you guys have helped a lot with questions I have asked and even some that I haven't. Thank You for all of your help and patience!!!

Through your guidance and some trial and error, I think i've narrowed down my powder charge and now playing with bullet seating depth.

Contrary to my screen name, I am not and never claim to be an excellent marksman. My Dad was always into handguns growing up, I learned to shoot from him, but pretty much self taught when it comes to scoped rifles. I'm always trying to improve based on techniques and such that I read here and there. I pulled a few shots and knew it when the trigger broke, but it's all part of learning I suppose.

All groups were fired at 100yds using front bi-pod and rear bag with a 5-8mph cross wind. My loads are using New Lapua brass and CCI LR primers. The grid on targets are made up of 1/2 inch squares.
I'm quite pleased with the performance thus far.

Factory Wolf Gold .308 ammo.

46.0gr Varget, 155gr AMAX, .020 off lands

46.4gr Varget, 155gr AMAX, .020 off lands

46.0gr Varget, 155gr Berger VLD

46.4gr Varget, 155gr Berger VLD

But? I know there is a but in there somewhere... I have no doubt that someone who's had more training/time behind the trigger could make it shoot better. BUT, you learn by doing.

603Country

I can't speak for everyone, but for me every day behind the gun isn't just like the previous day. I have good days (very accurate) and bad days (not as accurate), just like with my tennis game. And just like tennis, the more I practice the better I get. And I have one old rifle that is accurate in the extreme. It is more accurate than I am, at least on most days. Anyway, keep shooting and reloading and you will likely get better and better with time.