Range Report, SA RO 9mm

SauerGrapes

Picked up a NIB SA Range Officer to go with the .45 version. My local GS had one about a month ago. It sold before I could go back for it. Low and behold I walked in 2 weeks ago to buy some bullets and Dave says, ''hey, I have something here that might interest you.'' {ha ha}
I handed him 100 bucks and said, ''I'll be back in 30mins, put it in the box.''

After looking it over, I was very impressed with the workmanship. This thing is tight and smooth.
Took it too the range that Saturday with 150 rounds of various ammo. 115gr Remington FMJ, 125gr LRN and 147gr LCN hand loads.

I like the ramped barrel. RO comes with a stainless match barrel and bushing. Adjustable black sights. 2 stainless steel 9 round mags. Funny, no spacer in the back like my Tripp and CMC mags.
I used all 8mags, all worked perfect in the RO. No FTE or FTF.

Did all shooting @ 50' and 25yds. Two hands, unsupported. I shot some from a bench rest. The gun is scary accurate on a bench. Actually got 5 shots all touching each other on one target @50' with my 147gr hand loads. 3.3grs of Universal.
BTW, the factory 115gr were almost as tight.
If your looking for a 9mm 1911 tack driver, this is it for a reasonable price.
50' 9MM.jpg

25YD 9MM.jpg

This was my 2 best targets. Almost had the perfect group on the 50' target...lol. This gun will shoot silver dollar size groups all day long. {if the shooter can}

rock185

Good range report. I don't have an RO, but have had several 1911s in 9mm. I've only handled the .45 RO, but thought Springfield had a winner with those guns.

Your factory magazines are the "Springfield front ramp" type made by Metalform. They crease the front of the mag body, and form the upper front into a ramp that starts the round upward, without need of a spacer. I have used those in Colt, Springfield, Kimber, Dan Wesson and STI 9MMs. Those are the only design out there that is truly different than all other 9MM 1911 magazines. The Metalform front ramp magazines have been my favorite for 9MM 1911s for years...

SauerGrapes

I never saw them before. They work fine though.
SA RO line of 1911's are great guns. I was considering a STI Trojan, then SA came with this one.