Range report on my Springfield 45 XDm...

Big Bill

Well, I got some ammo and found some time to go out into the desert in the sagebrush to shoot a little. (That's the only range available. :) ) Here are a couple of targets. This first target is of my first shots out of my new gun...

45ACP10yt.jpg

This next target is my 45 but also my LCP (six rounds) in the top right corner (I was shooting for that corner; because the rest of the target was full :D). Some of the other holes are from previous shooting I did.

45ACP380LCP10yt.jpg

I think I was not using enough index finger on the trigger while shooting my 45. I'll need to make some adjustments for next time.

Last edited:

varoadking

I think I was not using enough index finger on the trigger while shooting my 45. I'll need to make some adjustments for next time.

It's an XD...that's pretty good shooting with one of them. Congrat's...

Beentown71

It's an XD...that's pretty good shooting with one of them. Congrat's...

Ugh...Gotta ask. What is this supposed to mean? We do not even know the distance:confused:

Just to add what would probably follow...my __________ will do much better. lol

Beentown

Beentown71

Nothing to be sorry about. I was just saying I heard a bit of XD trashing in the quoted above. Maybe it was just me? Either way it still makes me laugh and shake my head a bit. You "should" be able to shrink that grouping a good deal with practice. The XDM is a fine shooter (usually pending a mechanical issue) and it will do it's part...even comparing it to a Glock, Kahr, M&P, HK, etc...........

Have fun and happy shooting!

Beentown

Big Bill

I was just saying sorry for not posting the yards to the target. :D (I figured RK was just kiddin.)

I've always leaned toward my S&W, Colt and Ruger revolvers instead of semi-autos. However I have had a couple of Glocks, Beretta Cougar, S&Ws (not just Sigmas), and Rugers. I've even had a Springfield 1911 A1 Stainless. I like this XDm better than any of the others I just mentioned. However, the jury is still out on my CZ 75B. So far, for me at least, it's a toss up. I wouldn't want to give either of them up.