Range report of ISSC M22 Target model

wbw

I finally got to the range with my new ISSC M22 Target pistol. I had wanted another .22 but also wanted something a little different. Something you don't see everyday. This surely is it. I had never heard of ISSC before and couldn't find much when trying to research. I thought I would take a chance.

Well, lets just say that it's no BuckMark. I put 150 rounds through it with no malfunctions. But the adjustable rear sight did adjust itself to the left as I was shooting. It comes with a tiny screw driver to adjust the sight so I corrected it. But without some type of Locktight, it will surely continue to move on me.

That block housing the front of the barrel also started to loosen. I used the 2mm allen wrench that I bought to tighten that back down.

As far as accuracy, as I said, it's no Buckmark. I normally shoot my Buckmark more accurately than I do my 9mm handguns. But not so with the ISSC. Of course the moving rear sight didn't help. I was about 100 rounds into it when I discovered the sight problem. When I finished with the M22 I put 50 rounds through my SIG 2022. I put up my best groups ever with the 2022. After shooting 150 rounds through the .22, the first few rounds through the 9mm the gun almost jumped out of my hands. But then I settled down and ended really well for the day.

So I took a chance and probably wished I hadn't. This gun is nothing special and I'll probably unload within the next year.

Fishbed77

Yep - I've never understood the fascination with the potmetal .22s (Umarex "Walther" P22 & new PPK/S, Sig Mosquito, S&W M&P-22, ISSC M22, etc.) when steel pistols like the Buck Mark and Ruger Mark III are so superior in about every way (reliability, accuracy, durability) and usually cost less as well. If you want a "tacticool"-looking pistol you could get a Ruger SR22 and still have a quality pistol.