Range report: Glock 36

SR420

For a better grip I recently added Pearce Grip +1 mag extensions to all of my G36 mags.
I loaded all 5 mags with WOLF .45 Auto 230gr FMJ and function checked them this afternoon.
I experienced zero problems... even the guys working the range were surprised by the results.

I just ordered 5 factory magazine replacement springs for if and when these start to weaken.

G36_Blueplate.jpg

Sparky277

I added the extended mags to mine and I love the pistol. I've got about 400 rounds thru it. Only had three FTF, no FTE. These were on reloads. I really like this little pistol. I bought it last year betting on CC here in Illinois. Looks like ill get the chance.

pacerdude

Congrats on your pistol, and I'm glad you had a positive range report with it. It is one of the pistols on my wish list!

SR420

This pistol has been 100% reliable, but I was a little
concerned about the reliability of +1 extensions.

I will install the new factory springs as soon as they
arrive because I don't know the age or history of the
mags as I purchased them used. Better safe than sorry.

AdamSean

I absolutely love mine! I am ordering the +1 plates too. I was told to get the extra power springs for the mags too. It is an amazing pistol in the right sized package for concealed carry. I have replaced many parts on mine for a custom piece. Replaced the stock trigger connector with a Ghost Rocket 3.5 # to lighten trigger pull and eliminate over-travel, replaced the stock striker spring with a Wolff 6# to reduce risk of light strikes, stippled the grip, and repleced the slide plate with a little personal flare: punisher Skull plate. Now it truly is MY Glock. I am glad you enjoy it. The G36 is one of a kind that dits many nitches.

97BAFCBA-36F2-470C-B2CB-EBFBBF1BD29A-821-000000A39139FB52_zps24d86c03.jpg

D960F152-9CDC-4666-9AD2-277144633395-1588-000000C0EF7E2F05_zpsc6033e2b.jpg

shootniron

I wish I could shoot a Glock, if so, I would have a 36. For whatever reason, I absolutely cannot shoot any Glock up through Gen3 with any degree of accuracy. It is frustrating to me...to the point that I have completely given up on them. I have tried multiple models with no success and I have owned one for 15yrs that is a permanent resident in the safe because of the malady.

Anyway, it is a fine handgun and glad that you like it.

rebs

I am having a hard time deciding between a 36 or a 30 ?
Has anyone here had any experience with both models ?

stephen426

Adam,
No offense, but I question the wisdom of having "The Punisher" on your gun. If you ever get into a self-defense shooting, a police officer and/or district attorney may try to put a negative spin on it. They might try to paint you as a vigilante or say you were looking for trouble. I'm not saying it would happen, only that it could happen.

bossman

rebs said:
I am having a hard time deciding between a 36 or a 30 ?

They're both really nice guns. I bought the G-36 because of the smaller grip width. The G-30 double stack grip is just to brick like for me. The G-36 is my EDC and is an outstanding shooter. So just go and fondle the two and see how they fit in your hand.

The G-30 has 4 more rounds but was a issue for me. I'm a ole 1911 type of guy and just couldn't get pass those fat grips. My 1911 carry was a CCO gun so I was use to the 6+1 mag count.