Range Bags - what do you like?

Shorts

Just curious what everyone likes/dislikes about their range bag.

What kind of pockets? How big? Any special features? What kind of material?

ZeSpectre

I use a 16" tool bag from Lowes with a "3 gun" soft case actually holding the pistols inside.

Very durable and holds all my stuff.

If I could add one thing to it that would be a full panel on the side that would unzip and lay down into a "rug" to set my pistols on.

charleym3

American Tourister cosmetics case. Have 5 of them. One for each division I shoot in. They are perfect and cheap at garage sales and church bazarres.

MrNiceGuy

http://tac-force.com/

i've just had GREAT luck with these bags.
Incredible construction, very well thought out designs, and good prices.

I have no plans to get anything different in the future and I love to recommend this company with a big smile on my face :D

LtDan

MidwayUSA runs a sale on their range bag once in a while. It is awesome. Lots of good pockets and compartments for mags, handguns, bullets, etc.

Kreyzhorse

Mine's just an Allen Range Bag. One outside pocket, two large inside pockets and two removeable gun padded gun cases. Holds two handguns, ammo, tools, headphones, glasses and a multi-driver. Cost $30. What more could want, or need, from a range bag?

sholling

Sizing and choosing a range bag is a personal preference thing. For my needs I have two. The little one is by Wolf and it holds two pistols in well padded compartments, and up to about 4 boxes of pistol ammo. That's ideal for most of my range trips. I bought it because I got tired of lugging a large range bag with 4 padded pistol compartments, and room for enough ammo and cleaning gear to fight a small war. The temptation to load myself down with 75lbs of guns and gear in a single range bag was just too great.

I'm now looking for a lockable wheeled solution to hold 4 pistols, leather, ammo, cleaning and safety gear, basic tools, and of course 200-400rds of ammo. Something like one of these but with a customized upper compartment to securely hold 4 pistols. It's not as huge as it looks, it's only about 3' tall. The drawers would be ideal for safety and cleaning gear, and the bottom ideal for ammo.

41VxL5cB4aL._SS500_.jpg

I also have the Midway bag. It's really durable and provides quite a bit of useable room. The key term is, useable room. The only thing that burns my behind is it's made in China...just like most of our stuff these days...:(

kmullins

I personally found this Husky wide-mouth tool bag, and it has been fantastic. Lots of pockets and storage areas along with a very accesible opening.

I like the fact that its a bit more rugged as well.

I paid $25 for mine.

fa37e236-fb8a-4628-9860-c787dc1a5bc8_400.jpg

guns and more

Do yourself a favor. Avoid buying three range bags until you get it right. (like I did) Wait until the Midway large range bag is on sale for $39 (often) and buy it.
I wish someone had told me. Now I have two empty range bags.
The Midway bag is large, with lots of pockets, built like a tank, even has a place for a water bottle and a name tag.:cool: