Random thought....

Status
Not open for further replies.

jwong

Here is a random thought... So I've seen these commercials about long lasting, super lubricating engine oil treatments, i.e. Duralube, Prolong, etc... What if these super friction reducing treatments were to be used on guns??? Hmmm... I wonder... Gee, if it is good enough to withstand engine friction and keep an engine running with the oil drained and no water... Can you imagine what it could do to a gun??? Any thoughts out there?
smile.gif

Kodiac

There are some new lubes for guns out there that are so good... I am thinking of putting them in my engines.

Try polyethylene grease. A little dab'l do ya...

I've used it on stainless steel firearms (LWS32, & Colt OM) and folding knives (e.g. my large Sebenza). It has excellent lubricating properties under varied conditions of temp and humidity.

I'm running a few limited operational tests with this stuff. Will render an evaluation when they're completed and analyzed.

Morgan

In my considerable experience, I've never seen one of those "wonder treatments" work in an engine. A good synthetic oil (I swear by AmsOil, and they sponsor my race team) is much better. If you want to try a synthetic for your gun, make sure its a non-detergent oil. I'm going to try AmsOil's compressor oil. I'll post back in a few weeks on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.