Random ramblings on my new CZ P10s

Shotgun Slim

Ordered up a P10s because I like the idea of that much ammo in that size gun. Went to the range today and discovered the good and the bad. First discovery was the very strong recoil spring setup Which makes the gun unusually tough to rack the slide on(not great) but also contributes to how softly it distributes the recoil impulse(very good). First time I locked the slide back I found out the slide lock lever is unusable for releasing the slide. Can't believe CZ let this one out of the house like this-takes both thumbs and some serious wrestling to the point of drawing blood so slingshotting is the only way to get the slide down. So now I'm shooting this thing and my attitude is improving. The trigger on this baby is fabulous.Short takeup with almost no creep with a wonderful clean break and crazy short reset. This little gun is really pleasant to shoot because of the good ergonomics and the soft recoil. I ran several pet reloads through it from mild to heavy and the accuracy was better than I expected. No groups to share because I'm not a target shooter. I shoot IDPA and steel and bowling pins so I know the accuracy it takes for that and this gun has it.I can hit dueling tree plates and plate racks at speed from 15 and 20 yards with it so I don't care what it looks like on paper. Had to contact CZ because I need to move the rear sight a tiny bit but cannot find whatever allen or torx wrench fits it and none were supplied.We'll see how long a reply takes.So this gun for me is a keeper for EDC as soon as the slide lock issue is fixed(hopefully the internet will show me a cure so I won't have to send the gun back to CZ). Now on to Cabelas to order some carry ammo.....

GarandTd

I have NO experience with this pistol, but hopefully a little break in time will help with the slide lock. I had a pistol who's safety(not looking for a safety debate) was ridiculously stiff while new, but after 150-200 rounds, it had loosened up. No issues with it now, 3000 rounds later.