Ran across this Pro-gun site by accident

Danindetroit

BRIT HUME, FOX NEWS: The crime rate in Kennesaw Georgia, near Atlanta, is 89 percent lower than it was 19 years ago according to the Marietta Daily Journal. What's the news in that? Well it seems that 19 years ago the city council passed an ordinance requiring the head of every household to own at least one firearm with ammunition. The ACLU challenged the law in court unsuccessfully and there were predictions of shootings in the streets and violence in people's homes. What happened instead was that the crime rate plunged. Said Robert Jones, president of the city historical society, quote: 'It did drop after it was initially passed and it has stayed the same low level for the past 16 years.'

http://prorev.com/guns.htm

Danindetroit

If you go to the website it contains many quotes by framers of the constitution, and news articles. That is just one of many. I did not mean that one article was of a great significance in and of itself. If you want you can go to the site, and find something that has never been posted here, and put it in it's place. I have never heard of the place or know the significance of the town of K___whatever.

lee n. field

Kennesaw, GA did that, if I remember right, immediately after (and as a response to) Morton Grove, IL passed an ordinance banning handguns.

Tamara

Moderator Emeritus
Right down the road from where I grew up. My granddad still lives there. He doesn't own a gun; don't tell the heat. ;)

moonstone

I enjoyed the part about how the well armed Swiss citizens kept the Nazi's from invading. This part cracked me up...

"As a neutral, the Swiss represented American interests before the Axis powers, such as by inspecting German prison camps holding American POWs. When Vichy France was occupied, German soldiers with submachineguns took over the American embassy. The Swiss minister, brandishing his Swiss army knife, drove them out." :D