Ram-Line magazine problems

Rifleman1776

I have three Ram-Line magazines for use in my Ruger 10/22.
One is a thirty rounder. I use it almost exclusively and have for many years. It functions flawlessly.
The other two are fifty rounders and neither will feed. On top of that, I have returned and exchanged with Ram-Line several times. The new ones they send never feed either. I am about to give up.
Other than just tossing these and writing them off I'm looking suggestions/experiences or just sympathy. ;)

Jo6pak

I've also used the Ramline 30s. But I've known guys to continually curse at their 50s. I've never seen one that worked as advertised.

Another problem I have with the mags is that there is no way to effectively clean them. Mine seems to work fine for about a year of frequent use, then begin to misfeed. I'm guessing they just get dirty inside?

Rifleman1776

Thanks for replies. I'm going to send back....again.....but this time I'll ask for two or three 30 rounders as replacements.
Any reccomendations on 50 rounders that really work?

JohnKSa

Administrator
I believe that Ram-Line must make some stuff that works or they wouldn't stay in business.

Unfortunately everything I've ever bought from them has been thrown away after a short and frustrating attempt to make it function as intended. Well, that's not entirely true--I kept the last item to serve as an object lesson to me the next time I considered purchasing a Ram-Line product.

Idahoser

There's probably a drum available. If you NEED it to work, I don't think I'd keep fooling with any ram-line, and especially not the 50s. Steel lips are 30, I believe, and it's as far as I'll go since I can't afford drums.

Edward429451

My experiance with the Ramlines is that the 30's are ok until you try to load 31 and it splits on the seam, and the 50 rounder never did work.

The Mitchell 50 round Teardrop mags are the good ones I hear. They may be MWG by now though. Be prepared to give the better part of two c-notes for one of them.

Middle of the road (and the ones I use mostly) are the Eagle 30 rounders. I have very good luck with these mags.