Raging Bull

geez768

I like the look of the Taurus Raging Bull, just wish i could talk myself into buying a Taurus. nothing against them ive never owned one but like ive said before i cant seem to buy anything but Smith. could anybody give me the good anf bad of his gun. i think its a good bit cheaper than a comparable Smith in same caliber. also how strong is the action when compared to the Smith (and ruger for that matter).

thanks in advance for the great advise i know is coming.:D

ragabash

I was going to buy a Raging Bull. I like the ported barrel standard from Taurus. The cylinder latch has two catches, one front and one rear, which is standard in large guns like this, but it has two releases to move. Compare that to Ruger Super Redhawk, which has one button that moves both latches. I found a SRH for the same price as a Raging Bull so I bought the Ruger.

The Taurus is not a bad gun, but I like my Ruger Super Redhawk better. It's heavier built, thicker metal, better action IMHO. You pay a premium for the Ruger over the Taurus. I would say of Smith, Ruger or Taurus, the Ruger has the strongest gun. Some would say Smiths have the smoother trigger and action. I think my Ruger is just as good but I am obviously biased.

Check out the Smith, Taurus, and Ruger guns before buying any of them and buy what feels best to you.

Glock-19

I took a chance on the 41 mag taurus raging bull, ordered it yesterday should be here in about a week. I just couldnt pass up the price $499.

Taurus_9mm

I have a Raging Bull in .500 Magnum with the 10" barrel. It's a very well built, sturdy revolver with a good fit & finish IMO. I paid just over $600.00 for it, NIB. At www.taurusarmed.net , you'll find a few other Raging Bull owners who weigh in with their experiences. I believe one of our members there has 3 RBs.

Best Wishes
:)

SuckLead

I've shot a few different Raging Bulls, all in 454. It seemed to hold up well to the force and is pretty accurate. The only problem I had with each and every one was the ejector rod. It wouldn't budge after you shot, and I had to use a pen to get the empty casings out of the cylander. It is, however, a small issue in a gun you probably aren't going to reload if you use it in a home defense situation and you probably won't carry it around much, either.

Ranger61

I have a couple of Raging Bulls. One is in 454 Casull and the other is in 45 Colt. The 45 colt has a six shot cylinder and is gentle to shoot with the biggest 45 colt loads I handload. First the good; They are big & heavy but because of the reduced grip frame, the grips have cush that the Redhawk & Super Redhawk just don't have. Smith copied it for their X frame revolvers. That means that with my smaller hands I can still get a good hold for shooting heavy recoiling calibers. The porting really helps reduce the muzzle jump on the 454. I also like the finish on my two: the 454 has blackened Stainless finish and the 45 Colt has a high polish stainless. Unfortunately I believe both are discontinued. They both have very good triggers right out of the box never thought about getting the triggers worked on. Both are very accurate and the sights work very well for me. I enjoy showing them off by shooting bowling pins at 50 yards. Not fast but each shot never fails to take a pin clean off the table.:D
Now for the bad: The twin locks are a pain. You really wish you had three hands; one to push the rear release, one to push down the front release and one to swing the cylinder out of the frame.:confused: Cleaning the ports on the barrel is a pain. Not too bad if all you shoot is jacketed but I like gascheck lead bullets and they tend to build up crap that is hard to clean. Lastly you will have to endure people telling you how crappy Taurus guns are. My favorite is the guy that bought a used Taurus 22 revolver 25 years ago and it was a total #~@* POS and no one in their right mind would spend more than $25 on any Taurus ever built.
I've got about 20 S&W revolvers, 5 colts and 4 Rugers Redhawks. My experience is all have made good revolvers in the past and all have made some not so good revolvers in the past as well. My advice is hold them in your hand, look them over well and buy what feels good to you. Ya can't go wrong having a few of each.:D

geez768

thanks guys, i have some smiths too. i guess the ruger is the strongest. but the price of the raging bull looks good. i just want to get a good gun.

WeedWacker

Just somthing about the recoil of the SRH. It rolls instead of bucks like other HG's i've used. Like my dad's .357 mag snubbie.

jhgreasemonkey

i just want to get a good gun.
Then you might want to consider quality over price. Especially since the ruger and raging bull are pretty close in prices. The ruger is less than $100 more. Just something to think about. But get the gun that you want. :)