R.I.P. Hastings Barrels

zippy13

While researching available 20-ga barrels for R-870's, I ran across this item…

--- ANNOUNCEMENT ---

The Hastings Barrel Company has closed. The remaining inventory of barrels, ammunition and chokes will be liquidated by Kull's Old Town Station online ONLY auction beginning early in 2010. Your local gunshops may still have retail products in inventory for sale, limited to stock on hand as of 12/15/09. Please see http://www.Armsbid.com to sign up for email notification and you will receive notice of the auction. Thank you for your interest & past purchases of Hastings products.

zippy13

I went to the Hastings site before I learned they were quits, and their product line had been significantly reduced. All they seemed to be making at the end was sabot barrels. As I recall, they used to have a full line of target and field barrels.

I wonder if it was the factory combos that eventually put them out of business. Every factory M-800 or R-870 combo set sold was one less potential Hastings customer.

shortwave

A truely sad day. Yet another great company offering quality products with fantasic CS out of business. They`ll be missed.

JWT

Too bad. They had an excellent product line and their barrels were very good. Assume their demise is a result of the current economic downturn but that's just speculation. Can't find anything on line that indicates why they're going out of business.