Quietest 22lr ammo

epic4444

Looking for the quietest 22 ammo out there..i know there all pretty quiet but im looking for some that you barely hear but must be 22lr becuase my semi-auto rifle only takes 22lr

tju1973

Colibris and Super Colibris are very quiet, but they do not cycle my 10/22 or Marlin 60-- they do work great in my Savage MkII though--

I thought the Aguila SSS would be quiet-- I shot one into a phone book in my garage...

It wasn't quiet at all...

8*)

BillCA

Augila® Colibris™ and Super Colibris™ are very quiet because they use an ultra light bullet (29g IIRC) and only a primer-charge to fire it. There is no powder in the case.

You want to find a low-velocity or standard-velocity load with a velocity of under 1100 fps from a rifle to prevent the crack of the bullet moving supersonic.

banjobart

CCI CB Longs, but you will have to cycle the bolt manually.
Otherwise CCI SV for enough power to cycle the bolt automatically.

hardluk1

Aguilla also makes a 60 grain that has travels at 950fps and goes by 60gr SSS lead round nose and is lr.Lapua has 40 gr radid fire pistol with 902 fps. Last CCI does have a buch of cblong and longs at 740fps that might work ,just have to try. OR Get a bolt gun.

Gohon

Augila® Colibris™ and Super Colibris™ are very quiet because they use an ultra light bullet (29g IIRC) and only a primer-charge to fire it. There is no powder in the case

Not only that but Augila warns they are intended to be used in handguns only. First time you get a bullet stuck in the bore you'll understand why.

Any subsonic rimfire is quite and the CCI CB longs are even quieter.

B.L.E.

CCI standard velocity long rifle are some of the quietest long rifle bullets I have ever used plus I hardly ever get a dud round.
They are reliably sub-sonic out of a rifle barrel and they seem to be slower than other ammo sold as sub sonic.

The quiet yet powerful round of choice is the PMC moderator. It is the quietest 22 lr that will still function in a semi-automatic.

The Aquila SSS is a tadbit too loud unless you have a very long barrel. In some autoloaders the Aquila SSS will actually cycle and function.

Aside from that, head shots with CCI CB longs is an excellent choice.

Some of the Aquila Calibri rounds are very anemic in stopping power and accuracy.

hardluk1

i have not seen pmc ammo in a while . Seems no one sells it around me,to bad, use to like to use there hunting rounds.