Quick question about Kahr holsters

SouthpawShootr

Generally, yes. But, there may be complications with Kydex as, many times, they are precisely molded to specific models. The cheap stuff (Uncle Mikes and Fobus) will be the same. More expensive offerings, you may have to ask the manufacturer. I haven't encountered a leather holster that won't fit CW, K, MK, P, and PM series guns interchangeably (albeit a little lon for the PM guns). The CW series guns are likely to be just a bit blockier about the slide than the K series. That's the only complication I can see.

oldcars

Cool, thanks for the info, the holster in question is a DeSantis Nylon or synthetic or whatever a non-leather holster is called. it says K9 on it, but It shure looks like it would work with the the CW40 I am considering.

ATW525

While I can't speak for the CW40, I can say that a K40 slide is notably beefier than a K9 slide. If the CW40 is the same way, this could cause problem if the holster is designed to fit tightly to the gun.

SouthpawShootr

I have 2 leather holsters in my possession that I use for my K9 and K40. There is no difference in fit. There's enough give in the leather to handle the K40 slide. One holster is a Don Hume 715M (clip-on) - nice holster for the money,btw- the other was made by a local custom guy. Both are stamped for the K9. I use them interchangeably for my K9, K40, and have even used them for my MK9 and PM9. No problem. I suspect only the very high end, most tightly, boned leather would present a problem. Certainly not the nylon holster the OP is talking about. The difference between the CW40 and the K9 lies mostly in the slide profile, with the K9 profile being more refined and slimmer (not talking alot here just barely enough to notice in a side by side comparison). The frame is from the P40 series and should been just a little slimmer than the K9 frame or exactly the same size. Nylon will fit. Leather will fit (on some of the best makers it may be tight, though). Kydex K9 to CW40 might not due to the slide profile.