Quick optics riser mount question

(BH)

If I install the Yankee Hill 1/2" riser on my M4, will it co-witness at all w/ an Eotech 510/11?

I know that most Eotech style risers are 1/3" for the "lower third" co-witness, but will it still be possible with a 1/2" riser?

It's not a big deal to me if not. When I want to shoot with my irons, I don't mind just taking the Eotech off. However, I'd prefer not have to.

Mainly, I worry about the lower 1/3 of my FOV being dominated by the front sight when it comes to close range stuff. I keep it around the house for the wife, and at close range the recticle sits pretty low on the FS.

Jimro

BH,

For "around the house" ranges, you really don't need a clear field of view. Even with the front sight post in your sight you are still going to have point of impact about 2 inches below point of aim, no matter whether your Eotech co-witnesses with your irons or not.

I don't know if you are veteran or not, but what you have is a training issue, not an equipment issue. At halitosis ranges you need to train your body to remember where it is going to put the rounds. One of the things we've done in the past is put the neoprene scope cover on top of the ACOG's on our M4's and have shooters run through the drills on muscle memory, and it works just fine, as long as you put your eye on the target your body will follow IF you have built up the muscle memory.

Good luck training.

Jimro