quick its an emergency, call mike brown....?!!!???

noone

Former FEMA Director Michael Brown, heavily criticized for his agency's slow response to Hurricane Katrina, is starting a disaster preparedness consulting firm to help clients avoid the sort of errors that cost him his job.

"If I can help people focus on preparedness, how to be better prepared in their homes and better prepared in their businesses -- because that goes straight to the bottom line -- then I hope I can help the country in some way," Brown told the Rocky Mountain News for its Thursday editions.

Brown said officials need to "take inventory" of what's going on in a disaster to be able to answer questions to avoid appearing unaware of how serious a situation is.

yeah he's number 1 on my call list now for when TSHTF.

Big Ruger

Yeah cuz he did a rotten job of tryin to be the gov. of louisiana, the mayor of New orleans, and the police chief and fire chief to.:rolleyes:

model 25

mmm that would be like Clinton joining the VICE squad. One knows all about emergencys and the other knows all about VICE:D

noone

did the original poster bring anyone besides mr. brown into this? oh wait I dont think they did.

Big Ruger

Nope, you wouldn't woudja? Not when its so easy to just spout some crap instead of lookin at what actually happened. Brown did as well as can be expected all things considered.

progunner1957

Former FEMA Director Michael Brown, heavily criticized for his agency's slow response to Hurricane Katrina, is starting a disaster preparedness consulting firm to help clients avoid the sort of errors that cost him his job.
FUMU: "Foul" Up, Move Up...

noone

FUMU: "Foul" Up, Move Up...

bahahhahaha. That is very funny. Can I use htat?

Nope, you wouldn't woudja? Not when its so easy to just spout some crap instead of lookin at what actually happened. Brown did as well as can be expected all things considered.

O.K. Im sorry did he or did he not admit he dropped the ball?

mete

It's called the Peter Principle, to be promoted beyond your level of competence !! Except in this case he is so clueless he promoted himself ! :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

GoSlash27

I think it's clear that everybody involved screwed up. That is, the locals *and* FEMA.
I blame the locals for everything that didn't go off smoothly beforehand, and FEMA for everything that didn't go off smoothly during the recovery.
FEMA has a very specific mission; to *manage* the resources provided during a disaster. The whole laundry list of resources that went unutilized, underutilized, and misallocated because of FEMA's orders (or lack thereof) are proof-positive that Brownie did not do 'a heckuva job'.
The flooding of New Orleans was #3 on their priority list, and the most narrowly designed contingency they had to face. Brown's *job* was to make sure that the contingency plans were implemented and practiced....before the disaster happened. The gropefest that ensued shows just how unprepared FEMA was for this.
But what do you expect when you put somebody in charge that is totally unqualified for the job?