quick fun-down ( rundown ) on SEAL Recon "'Reece"' & SF SPR Rifles?

tAKticool

Hey all,

Basically I am interested in starting to save up for a new AR - I have my first one which is also new , basically a CQB/tactical setup. 14.5" barrel , 1.5"brake , Aimpoint Micro, Magpul furniture , etc.

I would like a longer range rifle for my next. I know I know .223 is not a long range round. I am just thinking a 16-18-20?" AR of high quality , with a real nice optic like maybe a Trijicon AccuPoint 3-9'etc would make a great AR To have. And I've read some about the Reece and SPR rifles , they're seemingly right up my alley. Can I bother for a quick breakdown of them and also who makes those styles commercially ? Thanks much!

Can I bother for a quick breakdown of them and also who makes those styles commercially ? Thanks much!

Are you interested in an exact replica or you just like the concept and want to do something similar?

The SEAL Recce rifle idea is pretty much dead. It was the seed that generated the SPR idea and the SPR pretty much fills that role now. Since the Recce rifle idea was never really formalized, there isn't really a set list of equipment for them. My understanding is that they were mostly just M4s with an upgraded barrel and a decent midrange optic. If you were looking to get something as close as possible to the "real deal", I would talk to the folks at MSTN.

If you want a "real deal" SPR (minus the full auto lower), then there are several manufacturers making both the Mod 0 and Mod 1 versions. Just type Mk12 Mod X into Google and you should get plenty of examples.