Questions

knowledgegreen

Has anyone had any experience with mounting a Trijicon Reflex II on the M1A Scout Rifle? If so what were pros and cons of this kind of setup? Can the Reflex be mounted directly to the forward rail on the Scout? Thanks in advance for any responses.

sailor45

I have one on an AR15. There are several routes you can go with this sight. You need some sort of base for it. I went with the Weaver base, which will mount to any Weaver-type rail, such as my flattop Bushy. SA doesn't seem to say on their site, but if their rail is Weaver-compatible, you shouldn't have any trouble putting your Reflex on it with the Weaver base.
As far as pros and cons, I know the sight is a good one. You have a choice of several reticles, and you don't have to worry about batteries. Eye relief is not an issue. The only con I can think of is the brightness. Mine isn't all that bright, which isn't THAT big a deal on my AR, but you'd be putting it farther away. If you have the sight already, or if you can handle one before buying it, you may try holding it farther away in different lighting conditions to see how visible the dot is.