Questions to ask when buying a revolver online?

DTown24

Hello:
I have bought/sold a bunch of guns in my life, however all of my sales and purchases have been face to face. I am now looking at a few different revolvers online that I am interested in. I know what to look for when inspecting a revolver for purchase, but what questions should I be asking the seller who is selling in an online auction or in the classified section of a gun forum? Thanks

Pointer

Why are you selling it?

Why are you selling it... online?

Can't you get someone to buy it locally?

Are you willing to send it to my dealer for him and me to inspect it before purchase?

:)

Majic

Serial numbers.
If they know if it's all original or not. If not then what is aftermarket.
If there has been any modifications that they know of.
Can they accurately describe any imperfections.
Most important, if they are allowing a 3 day inspection once it reaches my dealer and what is allowed during the inspection period.

I think questioning why it is being sold is a bit intrusive and asking for it to be shipped and inspected without payment will result in you never buying a gun.

Hammer It

Purchasing questions..

Hello
I would ask how LONG they have had the revolver. Many are gun runners and just simply pick up & Dump to make a quick buck. This is where the problems may start, as many do not know if they are good grouping revolvers or if they have any problems. the 3 Day inspection is KEY make certain it CAN be returned if not found to be a problem free revolver.I bought a nickel revolver that was drop DEAD gorgeous. The seller was a gun runner and I KNEW it had been refinished. After 90 days or so.. the finish is NOW showing some imperfections as the refinisher SLAMMED it out, and was TOO LAZY to remove the pit's before refinishing it. Much like shoddy body work the nickel must shrink down a bit AFTER it is applied. Moral of the story is.. I am NOW stuck with a revolver that NEEDS to be refinished to maker it look 100 % again, and the seller and refinisher are still RUNNING..;) Be careful, Hammer It