Questions reguarding replacement of SP101

garry owen

I sent my Ruger SP101 in last week due to issues on the cylinder frame post, and according to the customer service rep I talked to today said they are going to scrap it and send me a new one. To those who have had a replacement from Ruger, how quickly is it done? And are they sent directly from the factory or a distributer like I'm guessing? Long story short, I just want my new SP101!

VTRich

I think they send one direct from Ruger. I believe it will have to go through an FFL since it's a new gun.

ATW525

I've had a firearm replaced by Ruger. They shipped it direct to the FFL of my choosing. I can't give you a time frame on replacement, since I moved while Ruger had my gun and that caused some communication delays that slowed down the process.

EDIT: I do recall that they sent a paper I needed to sign authorizing the destruction/replacement of the gun or something like that. The replacement was fairly quick in coming after sending that paper back with a copy of my dealer's FFL.

Last edited:

Flint Ridge

I do not believe you will have to pay the FFL fee yourself. Others may chime in, but I've had a Sig replaced and no issues there, just showed up, did the paperwork and out the door.

Ruger CS is great!

ewayte

I had to wait on my replacement as they weren't tooled up for Bisleys at the time. They sent it directly to my FFL.

What was "neat" is that the gun was addressed "c/o" me at the FFL, so it's like it really was made just for me.

gyvel

I think they send one direct from Ruger. I believe it will have to go through an FFL since it's a new gun.

Per Federal regulations, Ruger can legally send the gun directly back to you; However, if Ruger's corporate policy is such that they refuse to do that, then you have no choice but to have it sent to an FFL.

garry owen

? Please elaborate.

Anyway, after owning a few Ruger handguns (5, I still have 3) and rifles over the years this is the first one I have ever sent back to the factory. Guess there is a first time for everything.

Last edited: