Questions on SIG P226 (Price Check)

The Rock

Ladies and Gents:

I have managed to be offered a deal on a factory rework SIG P226 with night sights (Trijicon) and 2 15rnd magazines.

Price to me is 399.

Good, bad or what?

I have almost zero knowledge of the SIG guns, being a Glock person myself, but I am searching for a nice 9mm that lends itself to suppression.

Tell me what you know.

Please.

TR

Duke

Sig P 226

Rock

The reworked / restored P 226's should be law enforcement trade ins. I carried one in 9mm for ten years with my dept. before we went switched to the P 226 in 40 s & w. The 226 is a fine shooter that usually shoots to POA.

The price is damn good and the two preban mags on the open market hover between 90 and 110.

I wish I had bought mine when we upgraded but at the time 1998 the price quoted to us was 565. I say go for it if the grips fit your hand.

Long live the 1911:)

blades67

Something doesn't sound right with that deal. You should give me the name and number of the person with that SIG Sauer P226 so I can uh, evaluate, yeah, that's it I'll evaluate it for you.:D ;)

gsl

I just bought a 226 for $400 with 1 15rd mag, no night sights and not factory re-worked, and I thought I was getting a great deal.

Take it and don't look back. You won't regret it. Great gun, GREAT price.

gsl

The show in Hampton??? How was it? I wanted to go, but couldn't get away. Here it is a HUGE one.