Questions for you AR guys out there....

finz50

Looking at buying an M4 upper kit from Del-Ton Inc in the next few days, but would like some inputs before I place the order (can't do it until Monday morning anyways). I'd like input into my options...mostly advantages/disadvantages and any other advice you got on a few specific upgrades I'm looking at.

1. Handguards: DPMS free float tube vs. YHM 4 rail free float tube (+$70)
Don't know that I NEED the 4 rail, but I prefer to keep muzzle rise to a
minimun, so figure a vertical grip would be an option I'd add on later.
Would I look like a total retard with the 4 rail with nothing on it....seems
to give me a better grip though.

2. Bolt/carrier group: standard vs. chrome (+$55)
Heard a while back the chrome BCG was better for the M4, basically was
told, it's worth the upgrade (too bad I forgot why-LOL).

3. Trigger: standard vs. RRA 2 stage (+$80)
Everyone says the 2 stage trigger is the way to go in general. It seems
like the $80 for the RRA is way cheaper than the other 2 stage triggers
out there...almost to good to be true. Is the quality as good and is it
worth it?

Yes, it's my first AR so don't be too hard on me. I've been on the "So you want to buy an AR, huh?" page, but still not sure if this setup is what I want. I plan on using it as an all around rifle...have fun with it on the range, but would like to take it varmint hunting at reasonable distances, so would like fairly good accuracy. Don't want to keep paying for upgrades if I can get them cheaper initially with the kit. BTW I plan on getting a RRA stripped lower next Saturday ($120 + tax)to put it all together.

Ridge_Runner_5

1. If you plan on adding accessories, no reason not to upgrade now in plans for future upgrades...

2. BCGs dont really matter...it could be better in that you would know how well you have cleaned it, but thats it...what DOES matter is the bolt itself...

3. Trigger is entirely up to you...2stage is good for precision plinking...I have my 2-stage adjusted so far in that I just have to twitch my finger for the gun to go bang..I like it that way...with such a light trigger pull, it prevents my squeeze from moving the barrel more...

DnPRK

1. There isn't much muzzle rise with a .223. I wouldn't worry about adding a fore grip to correct non-existent muzzle rise. If you want the VFG because it looks badazz, that is for you to choose. The important thing is to make sure the handguard is free floated. YHM makes excellent stuff. If it were me, I'd get the YHM tube and not attach the rails.

2. I've got both chrome and non-chrome. Believe me, there isn't any significant difference in the amount of cleaning you have to do. I'd forget the chrome and spend the $s on a flat top upper and folding rear sight. That way you can add optics in the future, especially useful for varmint hunting.

3. The RRA 2-stage trigger is the best thing since sliced bread and well worth the extra price.