Questions about new Polish TT33

MilesTeg

I just came back from the Rose City Gun Show and brought home a Polish TT33 for my growing Easter Bloc collection. Overall finish and condition is very good with only a couple of minor scratches in the blueing. The barrel looks like it has never been fired and all parts have matching serial numbers. Paid $180.

Serial number starts with a "K" and the slide has the "circle 11" which I believe means it was made at Radom. Just below that there is a 50. Is this the date of manufacture? There are a few other small markings that look like diamonds with a "1" inside and there are some other odd marks. Does anyone know where I can find a guide to the marks? Also, are there any sources for extra recoil springs and parts?

Looks nice sitting next to my EG Mak and CZ52 - going to have to start looking for a Nagant revolver to make it a foursome.:cool: :D

Miles

stmcelroy

Off the topic. Sorry don't know anything about that particular gun.

Was thinking of going to Portland show on Sunday, is it more gun show, or more swap meet. Have noticed in the last couple years more junk and less guns(thanks to Oregon's closing the gun show loophole). Even though I did get a nice Marlin Guide Gun at the last show.

Thanks,
Steve Mc.

MilesTeg

I would say it is about 60/40 with the 60 being misc junk and food. Still there is a pretty good selection of firearms to browse through. If you are within 30 min. of PDX, I would go ahead and go but I would not drive much further than that.

Commygun

That should be a full date below the circled 11 (1950). I don't
know what all the little marks represent, factory or government
proof marks I suppose. You can get springs for the Tok from
Wolff at www.gunsprings.com.

Dan I am

TT-33

Hello.
I'm also looking at buying a Polish TT-33 in the near future.
Have you shot it yet, and if so we're you happy with it?
I currently own a CZ-52 and a Polish Radom 9mm and I'm very happy with bolth of them.
Have a nice day Dan.:)

Yodar

Polish T33

T33's used to be hundred dollar guns...now their cost has almost doubled. Does it have a safety (thanks to Mrs. Brady or whatever)?

You have a gun with a truly unique design

A small lot of truly fine T33's have been offerred in orlando shows by ssmedwi.com that lack the aftermarket safety required by importers...I understand they are receiving a LOT of interest from curio & relics collectors but they are about a hundfed dollars more.

Yodar

MilesTeg

Hello,

I have been very happy with my Polish Tok. I enjoy shooting it more than the CZ52 that I own. I have had zero malfunctions using S&B and New Generation rounds. I actually like the ergonomics of the design and it points really well for me. The sights aren't great but what milsurp's really are from that time period. The safety is the only item that really bothers me about the Tok. I am on the lookout for a Russian without the safety but no luck so far. I also want to eventually pick up a Radom.

tt4.jpg