Questions about my new AR-15...

chasep255

attachment.php
I just got a new AR-15 and at the store they told me that my gun can only shoot .223 and not the NATO round. They also said that it was an A2. However when I brought it home I noticed that it had a detachable carry handle and a flat top upper receiver. I also noticed that the barrel was labeled with 5.56 NATO and that the lower reviver also said 5.56 NATO / .223 Rem. The model is a Bushmaster XM15-E2S, what do you guys think?

Attachments

• DSCN0751.jpg
    DSCN0751.jpg
    244.2 KB · Views: 149

Catfish25p2000

Who did you buy it from? If the barrel and receiver say 5.56, then you should be able to use 5.56 in it. The Bushmaster XM-15 is a 5.56 chambered gun. As far as the A-2 thing, they were referring to the stock. The one piece stock is referred to as an A-2 stock.

Typically, you go by the barrel marking, although some manufacturers will mark barrels 5.56 when they are actually hybrid chambers or .223 chambers.

On a Bushmaster marked 5.56 on the barrel, I wouldn't worry at all about shooting 5.56 NATO out of it. Bushmaster typically chambers for 5.56 if it is marked 5.56 and on the off chance they messed up that chamber, you've got a good case for them to fix it ;)