Questions about certain Fiocchi ammo

Numbers

Some time ago I got a good price ($7.20 per box of 50) on some Fiocchi 9mm FMJ cartridges. The bullet weight is a little "unusual"; it is 123gr. The bullet shape is truncated cone and the box describes the ammo as "combat." The stuff shoots great and feeds absolutely flawlessly. Also, this ammo doesn’t seem to foul my weapons as badly as other brands.

My questions are:
Is this just a "plain old" hard ball bullet or something else? Does the box’s "combat" labeling carry any special meaning (their other 123gr hard ball isn’t labeled as "combat).?

Joe

[This message has been edited by Numbers (edited July 16, 2000).]

Hard Ball

I had several boxes of this particular load a few years ago and was very pleased with it. It was very accurate in all 9mm pistols I tried it in. I would be happy to by somemore but have not seen it offered for sale lately.
The flat point is thought to b more effective in combat than a round nosed 9mm FMJ. The original German cartridges for their P08 Luger pistols had a similar truncated cone shape.

Satanta

Well, if it's a reliable feeder and it's s'posed to be a better bullet for combat...and you can't get MORE of it...I'd save it for my carry weapons and feed something else thr for practice.

Numbers

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Hard Ball:
I had several boxes of this particular load ...was very pleased with it. It was very accurate in all 9mm pistols I tried it in. I would be happy to by somemore but have not seen it offered for sale lately.
[/quote]

Hard Ball,

Like you, I haven't seen it around for several years. Recently, I decided to find some. I contacted Double Action Arms (they carry alot of Fiocchic ammo) and they said they can get it. It's not at the bargain basement price I paid a few years back, but I like it so much, I ordered a case.

And, Satanta, I did put back seven or eight boxes, with the hope that I'd see some more.

Joe

------------------
"Suppose you are an idiot. And suppose you are a member of congress.
But I repeat myself."
-- Mark Twain

Hard Ball

Numbers:

Thank for the tip. I will certainly get some. Nothing has ever shot better in my SIG P210 or my Browning high power. It would be worth paying extra to get the performanc,

Regards, Hard Ball

Numbers

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Hard Ball:
Numbers:

I will certainly get some. Nothing has ever shot better in my SIG P210 or my Browning high power.
[/quote]

Hard Ball,

My HighPower just loved it, too! So did my S&W. So did my...well I guess you get the point. Double Action does not list this ammo in their online catalog, but I e-mailed them and asked. They said they could get it, so I did it.

Good shooting,

Joe

Numbers

Numbers:

I will certainly get some. Nothing has ever shot better in my SIG P210 or my Browning high power.
[/quote]

Hard Ball,

My HighPower just loved it, too! So did my S&W. So did my...well I guess you get the point. Double Action does not list this ammo in their online catalog, but I e-mailed them and asked. They said they could get it, so I did it.

Good shooting,

Joe