Questions About 45 ACP Headstamps

44caliberkid

One of my quarantined activities is reloading a bunch of 30 year old 45 brass. I've seen some interesting headstamps I've wondered about. So here goes.
Had about 50 Midway brass. We're those made by Starline for Midway?
Is anything marked WC or WCC with a two digit year, Winchester?
Have a bunch marked nny, who made that?
Some other oddballs are Impact and TZZ.
Thank you in advance.

Starline will put a custom headstamp on orders greater than about 50,000 cases. Winchester offered that service, too, but for even smaller quantities for a time back in the '80s. Yours could be either one.

Yes. Winchester Cartridge Company's military contract brass from the Alton, Illinois plant was labeled WCC.

The letters nny are Cyrillic alphabet equivalents to PPU in roman letters, so that is Prvi Partizan brass.

IMPA is Industries Metallurgica y Plastica, Argentina. I've never seen IMPACT. Are you sure it isn't IMPA CT for IMPA Cartucho?

TZZ and IMI are both Israeli Military Industries' headstamps.

gwpercle

The military brass usually has a crimped in primer.
Before you can re prime them the crimp around the primer pocket MUST be removed.
No one mentioned this ... I wanted to give you a heads up ...just in case you were not aware ...those pesky crimps can throw you if you don't know what they are and remove them . I know WCC - (year) is crimped in military ...check them all .
Gary

44caliberkid

Thanks everyone. These have all been reloaded at least once by me, so the crimps were removed long ago. They were all left over from my bullseye target match days. I thought I was down to the last 200, having already cleaned and reloaded about 600 rounds, then I bent over farther and found another 200 in the back of the cabinet. I used to load a 1000 for practice and matches, so that's about right. I also found a box of 500 200 grain LSWC bullets. Most of them will be empty cases again by November.