Question to Kel-Tec P-11 owners

Greg L

Does the guide rod on yours come up at an angle and touch the barrel when the slide is back. The reason I’m asking is that I just got mine back from KT. The guide rod sheared off after less than 100 rounds through the pistol. Mine comes up at an angle and touches the barrel with the slide back. When I asked my dealer if this is normal he said yes (no other KT’s in the store to compare it to). Is this normal? I like the compactness of the weapon, but I really don’t want to be shipping it off to Florida every 100 rounds.

Snakeman

Is your guide rod plastic or metal?
On my P-11(I sold it yesterday) they come up at an angle, but stayed parrallel to each other!

Greg L

Plastic, they replaced it with a plastic one also. Also, the takedown pin was shooting loose every 3-4 rounds locking up the slide. Needless to say, I'm not real happy with the carry gun that I can't trust to carry.

Snakeman

Mine had a metal one, since the plastic one broke after 50 rounds.
I have had many problems, and I can NOT recomend this weapon.
Sorry!

Gopher

I have a metal one in mine now, it doesnt touch but I think the plastic one did. Mine went back to the factory after 37 rounds. The trigger would not return after firing a shot. It also still shoots 6 inches low at 10 yards with the tallest rear sight and a front site cut down to almost nothing. The early guns seem to be of a better quality than the newer ones. More demand has decreased quality I guess. Great concept but I'm begining to believe its poorly executed.

Red Bull

I have a KelTec P-11 and I LOVE it. It works every time I pull the trigger, and it is extremely accurate.

I have a question though for anyone that knows:
Can I use +P and +P+ ammo in this gun?

westex

My late issue P11 (ser. #82###) is one of the most reliable firearms I've ever owned. I've put over 2000 through it and not had any problem yet. Carry it on a daily basis. I did do a "fluff & buff" out of the box.

The plastic guide touches the barrel on mine.

If anyone doesn't like theirs make me an offer I can't refuse. :)

RKBA!

tatters

Red Bull-- Yes you can use +p but not all the time. Mine works great with CorBon 115 +p. My guide rod has never broken, and yes, I think it at least comes close to touching the barrel. Sorry about the bad experiences, but I have complete confidence in my P-11

------------------
Knock twice. Rap with your cane. Feels nice. You're out of the rain. We got your skinny girls. Here at the Western World
from Steely Dan's "Western World"