Question(s) about installing a whole bunch of Magpul furn/acc on my new BSHM4AK

tAKticool

Ok guys as many of you know I am a proud new owner of a brand new, tactical blacktical Bushmaster M4-style AK-braked carbine!

It was a "limited edition" and therefore came with some stuff not included on most (?apparently? please don't flame me if everyone else has this stuff too) Bushmasters, including a tri-rail hand guard, tri-rail gas block, the AK-74 muzzle brake, etc.

So I am in the process of Magpul'ing it up, both for function and for looks. I make no mistake about it, I am not shy to think I would like both a really badass FUNCTIONING carbine and also a good-to-badass LOOKING carbine if possible, why not right? So I just placed my second order from the same company, I got some parts last week and today ordered more, from DSG Arms (http://www.dsgarms.com) .. .They seem to have AWESOME prices and their Magpul stuff is VERY cheap, PLUS Green Magpul is on sale, OD Green all their stuff is marked way down, WHICH IS MY COLOR I Was looking for so hey! why not right?

Ok so here's a list of stuff I will be doing, again all in OD Green,

MOE Pistol Grip
MOE Trigger Guard
MOE Hand Guard
MOE Vertical Grip (MVG)
MBUS Rear
XTM Rail Cover panels
CTR Stock will a complete new MilSpec stock kit
MS2 Sling "System"

AND a "CQD" Rear Sling Mount (Magpul's ASAP plate is sold out across the internet, otherwise I would have just ordered DSG's MS2/ASAP combo kit)

So here's my plethora of questions. I got the MOE Pistol Grip because I got the MOE Pistol grip on my S&W M&P 15-22 and wanted some continuity and honestly not sure if the MIAD would really make a big difference for me? Plus I was told I could just put the "cores" for a new bolt/batterys/bullets/etc. in the MOE Grip anyway ( I already store allen wrench(s), small screwdriver, batterys, and a cleaning cloth for my red dot in the MOE Grip slot of my 15-22!) ... but I CANNOT GET THE DAMN Bushmaster "screw" thing off, it looks like some sort of allen wrench type deal but I tried EVERYTHING no avail?

Any idea on how that trigger guard will come off and new on?

The Hand Guard of old just snaps off and new one snaps on, right? And the MVG should attach to the hand guard , direct, correct? Because there is no "rails " On this. Some people suggest I can unscrew the 3 mini rails of my Bushmaster Hand Guard and screw them onto the MOE, anyone know validity of that?

Oh the XTM panels. I would have removed the FSB and put on a MBUS up there but you fine righteous gents 'splained me that its major surgery to remove the front sight and a MBUS on that gas block would melt. So we're leaving as is. So that mean if put XTM panels (two each , L side R side Bottom?) they will also melt?

Oh and the CTR Stock and MilSpec kit. I was told Bushmaster comes COMMERCIAL but the DSG Gents told me, no fear, since you are removing the A2 Stock and putting EVERYTHING in new, buffer tube spring plates etc. you can do milspec no problem, its your choice, and since they had the CTR Stock and Milspec KIT on sale I went that route. They had an ACS Stock and Commercial kit for $110 but, the ACS is 1 lb. vs. .5 lbs and this is an entry/tactical/cqb carbine not a longer range heavier so, I went CTR. pLUS oh yeah I will have to drill and pin this, no collapsing stocks in the dirtiest of Jersey. So you guys any idea, true that since I'm doing the whole stock "system" over I'm good to go with the MilSpec

last question,I could not get the ASAP Sling plate, will I be fine with that CQD sling mount ? I will be using the MS2 sling as a Single Point Sling mostly (it will be my first time with a real , single point sling and I'm looking forward) but I do love the idea of putting a forward sling point mount on the front and seamlessly moving from 1 pt to 2pt with the MS2, which it is famous for and I've seen YouTubes that show its awesomeness.

OK I think that covers my question begging, thank you much.

OH last thing. I got 9 boxes of that cheap Tula .223 from Cheaper than Dirt last week, its REAL nice looking for so cheap but yet to fire. Any comments ?

GaryM&P

The MOE pistol grip does indeed accept MIAD cores.
The MVG bolts to the MOE handguards with one screw.
The MOE handguards just snap in place just like standard handguards.

You have to be VERY careful changing the trigger guard. Lots of people have broken the ears off the lower receiver by pounding out the pin without adequate support.

I put 10,000 rounds of steel cased ammo through a Bushmaster before the extractor broke. I doubt nine boxes is going to hurt it.

roklok

The trigger guard should have no allen screws, it should be held in place with a roll pin in the rear and a spring loaded plunger in the front. Depress the plunger, and the guard should swing down, then carefully drift the roll pin out with a proper size punch. It is a good idea to put a piece of wood wih a hole drilled in it under the ears on the receiver as you are drifting out the pin, to prevent breaking the ears off, as the previous poster mentioned. Line the hole in wood up with the roll pin, the wood will give support to the fragile ears on the receiver.